Monday, May 12, 2014

To Mom with Love

I look through Facebook and see all of the posts, posted to women I have known throughout my lifetime; friends and family. They are all moms and grandmothers. I see many similarities from family to family. "Mom you were there for me all of these years."

 "Thank you for always being there. Thank you for supporting me!" An excerpt of my other card said "You help us with our problems and your devote your time to be with us."

How thankful I am for being part of lineage of great women who loved, prayed and supported their children. I am also thankful to be part of a bigger family, extended family, church family and friends who also share my passion to be the best mom I can be.

This is evident in all the pictures displayed from yesterday, moms at track meets, volleyball tournaments, soccer games, baseball games, football games, horse competitions, gymnastic competitions, fishing, hiking and playing at the park. Again and again it is evident that these are parents investing in the lives of their children, day in and day out.

From birth to when they breathe their last breath, mom is always there. I am reminded that the road is not always easy. In the baby and toddler years there are many sleepless nights, through sickness and various stages of life. Then comes the child declaring their independence and struggles of power, to becoming the coach not the mother and having to let their child fly away. The job of a mother is never ending. I have watched my friends watched their children walk down the aisle and then transition to being parents themselves and having to step back and let them grow and flounder. I have also watched those dear to me walk through their child having a terminal illness and watch them breathe their last breath.

A mother's job is never ending without trials or having to give their hearts away. However, it is evident in the child's post that the mothers' efforts don't go unnoticed for the daily investment in the life of their child receives many benefits; mostly in the eternal benefits that will one day be reaped. Some used to believe that being a mother was just providing food, clothing and shelter. Being a parent is so much more. It is also giving a child the emotional, spiritual and relational tools helping your child walk through life to see the bigger picture. Every person is created in God's image. Every person is created for a specific purpose while they are here on earth. It is the mother's job to help their child be the best that they can be, to fulfill their purpose. I am sure that there will be millions of mothers, regardless of race, culture or economic status that will one day hear the words "Well done, though good and faithful servant." They will hear these words, for they invested in the life of their child teaching them to go out and bless others. If you are a mom or are going to be a mom, just remember that it will be the most important investment you ever make! The rewards are greater than the investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment