Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Dust it Off

Life is a journey and just happens. The hands on the click spin round and round and before you know it, years have passed us by. Today I realized that it has been a while since I posted in my blog. Writing has always been a passion and something that I love to do. It is way to tell a story; my story of things, people, places, experiences that represent present and past.

Two years have gone since I wrote last. In two years my daughter is almost 21, an adult. My son has entered into high school and is almost half way through and will be driving soon. We rehabbed my mom's home and she moved closer to us, my husband has been promoted into a new capacity at Southwest, we've been to Europe, our son now plays football and in some ways time has passed us by yet stood still. In reading past blogs I realize that I've changed, yet remained the same.

Life gets so busy and we get caught in the day to day routines that we forget to stop and take time to do the things we love. We wear the "I'm so busy" badge as if it is something to be proud of yet, we don't take time to pursue our passions or use our God given talents. We have all been blessed with gifts and talents; writing, photography, woodworking, scrapbooking, singing, playing an instrument, acting, painting, drawing, landscaping, sculpting, dancing, interior decorating,, baking, coaching, mentoring.

What are the talents that God has given you that you have just put aside because you were too busy in the day to day routines? As we use our gifts and talents to benefit others, we fulfill our own purpose here on earth and in return feel fulfilled and blessed. Often as I mentor at the high school, we often ask the question to students, what are you good at? What are your passions, dreams, gifts and at first glance they have difficulty expressing themselves. It takes a lot of dialogue to help them put into words what those passions might look like. We as adults can also get lost, we forget who we are, forget what we love and lose who we are as individuals. One way back to finding ourselves is remembering what our passions are and how we can use them to inspire others.
"The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is giving it away." William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment